Also, CloneSpy is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same file name. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. CloneSpy can also find zero length files. These are files that have no content.
With CloneSpy you can process files which:
- are duplicates
- are duplicates and have the same file name
- have the same file name
- have the same file name and (approximately) the same size
- are zero bytes long
CloneSpy offers you a complete mechanism for determining which duplicate or same-name files should be removed. It is also possible to leave this decision up to the individual user.
CloneSpy can handle equal files by:
- deleting redundant files
- moving redundant files to a specific folder
- exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
- deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
With CloneSpy you can build checksum files from files on CDs (or even on hard drives, etc.) and use them to check whether these files already exist on your system. The checksum files will prevent you from having to play DJ every time you search for duplicates!
What's New in version 2.5:
- Added: CloneSpy now fully supports Unicode.
- Added: Output files can now be encoded in ANSI, OEM, or Unicode.
- Added: In two-pool mode you can now click on the legend of the Result presentation windows to mark all files of the corresponding pool.
- Modified: The Add folder window now remembers the last visited folder for each pool individually.
- Fixed: CloneSpy no longer fails on finding all equal files when searching for duplicates with the same name which happened in rare cases.
- Fixed: CloneSpy now handles files with sizes larger than 2 GB correctly.
- Fixed: When exporting file lists the %f column now gets correctly aligned.
- Fixed: Added version information to installer and CloneSpy executable.
- Fixed: Added explanations for the formerly "unknown" error code 120.
- Fixed: When adding a folder into a pool while its parent folder is in the other pool then the parent folder is correctly removed again (regression since v2.4).
- Fixed: The "total time of scanning" shown in the scan progress window no longer resets to 00:00:00 after 24 hours.
- Fixed: File paths longer than 255 characters no longer cause a crash.